The Barrel Room at Vilagrad Winery
Unfortunately this room was extensively damaged in the fire that took place. This page holds a lot of special memories for us, we look forward to rebuilding this area for you all to once again enjoy.
If you are looking for a unique place to host your next celebration, then check out the Barrel room at Vilagrad winery.
- Dine in our 100 year old original cellar, amongst the French oak, American oak and amazing totara wine barrels.
- Available for private functions, corporate functions and for wine tours and tasting.
- The intimacy of the barrel room means it is the perfect venue to cater for smaller private functions for 20 to 40 people seated or up to 85 people standing.
- Fully licensed with full bar facilities
Price for sit down meal is $52 per head +
- Spit roast pork served with apple sauce & traditional gravy
- Whole fresh fish served with coconut cream white wine reduction
- Steamed mussels in Thai spices
- Chicken baked in sweet chilli coconut sauce with apricot and mixed herb stuffing
- Mixed green garden salad with Vilagrad French dressing
- Spanish salad with julienne carrot and beetroot, chick peas, finely diced celery, spring onion, coriander, ginger mixed with Vilagrad roasted spiced nuts, fried parsnip flakes and Vilagrad.
- Spanish dressing
- Indian lentils with coriander, cumin and curry spices.
- Roasted gormet potatoes with rosemary and parmesan.
- Steamed garden vegetables served with roasted red capsicum sauce. Condiments including, sourcream, relishes, chutney’s and a selection of freshly baked breads.
- Toasted coconut and hazelnut meringué served with a citrus mousse.
- Chefs cake of the day served with Vilagrad’s caramel sauce, whipped cream, yoghurt & fresh black dorris plums.
- A selection of premium cheeses including; Meyer aged gouda, meyer cumin gouda, camembert, brie, and blue vein.
- Smoked and cured meats including; home smoked marinated chicken, home smoked marinated Akaroa Salmon, salami, ham, smoked sausage, and prosciutto.
- A selction of toasted breads, crostini crackers and fresh grapes, accompanied with a selection of homemade dipping sauces.
- Freshly ground Origin coffee and tea
Award winning wines
- Pinot Gris
- Charminer- Waikato's favourite wine
- 3 Brothers Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Noir
- Cabernet Merlot/Merlot
- Tawny & Vintage Port
Priced from $8 per glass & $36 per bottle. Full bar facilities are available including tap and bottled beer, range of juices plus a selection of spirits.