Enjoy a Mediterranean spit roast, every Sunday. More
Wedding Sample Menu
Prepared by your chef Kristian Nooyen, Waikato's own 'naked chef'. We welcome your input in setting the menu.
Antipasto platters, generous servings of:
- Home smoked salmon and coriander vol-u-vents with caviar dill and crème fraiche
- Italian baked savouries & mini pizzas
- Croatian rissoles wrapped with bacon with roast pepper sauce
- Fried prawn twists, samosa and spring rolls
- Home smoked chicken and fresh vegetable wraps
- Homebaked crispy breads with seasoning and parmesan cheese
- Fresh baked Volare breads (baguette, 5 seed, ciabatta)
- Carrot and cheese sticks
- Hummus, Guacamole Roast pepper sauce
Introduction by Toastmaster - Grace
- Whole spit roast pork and crackling - original recipe gravy & apple sauce
- Fresh whole snapper & steamed mussels in white wine & cream reduced oyster mushroom sauce
- Whole home-smoked salmon with Vilagrad sauce
- Roasted chicken with Vilagrad golden sherry, soy and ginger marinade with oasted sesame seeds
- Green lettuce salad. Mixed leaf with avocado, tomato, cucumber, sprouts, red onion, radish and flat peas with Vilagrad vinaigrette.
- Vilagrad Spanish salad. (published by Cuisine) Garden herbs, chick peas, beet root, carrots, spring onion, parsley, with parsnip chips and Vilagrad's seasoned mixed roasted nuts with Vilagrad mixed spice dressing.
- Mediterranean pasta salad. Italian orzo pasta served with roasted vegetables, peppers, garlic, eggplant, marinated olives, feta & sundried tomatoes, cocktail tomatoes, capers, and caper berries, baby pickled onions, pine nuts in fresh tomato & basil dressing.
- Mixed Steamed garden vegetables (seasonal) with white wine reduction, sweet chilli & coconut cream sauce.
- Roasted gourmet potatoes, kumara, pumpkin, garlic & onion with sour cream & chives on side.
- Indian lentils with ginger, cumin, coriander, onion & tomato.
- Selection of homemade relishes, chutneys (home-grown figs, blueberries, and locally grown produce).
Cutting of the cake.
Delicious selection of three desserts:
- Meringues filled with citrus mousse and fruit garnish.
- Passion fruit baked cheesecake with passion fruit ragout.
- Chocolate tort with port and berry ragout filling drizzed with Chocolate sauce
- Complimented by Vilagrad's famous caramel sauce, yoghurt, cream & freshly cut tropical fruit and mixed berry salad.
Desserts will change seasonally, three options are always provided, all freshly baked by our chef.
Later in the evening a large gourmet cheeseboard is available for guests and is repleished as required. This includes:
- selection of cheeses (havarti, blue vein, aged port cheese, aged cheddar, camembert)
- Fresh breads, home baked crostinis & crackers
- Deli cured meats
- Home smoked chicken and salmon
- dried and fresh fruits
- Marinated sundried tomatoes,feta and olives.
- Dips and condiments
Freshly brewed European style coffee locally roasted (Origin Coffee) & tea selection served throughout the evening.
The menu may vary depending on seasonality - new recipes are introduced to suit yours and Vilagrad's flavour.
- Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
- Sparkling Charminer (medium bubbly)
- Mount Pirongia Chardonnay
- Wairarapa Pinot Noir
- Gisborne Chardonnay
- Mt Pirongia Pinot Noir
- Mt Pirongia Cabernet/ Merlot
- Hawkes Bay Merlot
- Chardonnay/Pinot (Dry Bubbly)
- Ice Wine, Tawny & Vintage Ports
at $6.50 - $9.50 per glass or $26 - $45 per bottle.
Also available, 3 Brothers new exclusive wine range - www.3brothers.co.nz
Vineyard accommodation now available at Vilagrad. More