Our cellar door is open from Thursday & Friday 9-3pm, Saturday's 11-3pm and Sunday's 10-4pm where wines can be sampled and purchased from our bar.
For a wine tour and tasting please see information below:
Join our Cellar Masters and Vineyard Hosts for an enjoyable learning experience!
- Informative tour of Vineyard, wine making process, barrel education and history of NZ wine industry.
- Tour of wine museum historic methods of traditional winemaking practices.
- Sensory Evaluation and discussion.
- Comprehensive Tasting of several medal winning wines
- Minimum 10 people @ $20 per person
- Platter option available for an additional $20 per person (download brochure for full menu)
- Please note bookings are required at least 48 hours prior to booking.
Family History - 5 Generations of winemakers
Teach the taste buds, educate the palate. Visitors to Vilagrad can participate in the hour and a half long tasting tour of the cellar and vineyard. On this informative tour you will learn about the serious art of viticulture and winemaking from the grape to the bottle, and then on to the ultimate test, the tasting.
Each tasting includes wine appreciation and sensory evaluation of a selection of quality wines and excellent ports. Vilagrad's overall experience will ensure visitors to the winery leave well educated about the wine making process, wine sensory and the history of NZ wines.
Bookings are essential for Vilagrad tours, so be sure to book with us first. (Bookings must be placed at least 48 hours before date required).